Am sitting here at a pub right beside the bus stop where I will embark on a low-cost bus service from London city centre to Stansted airport, my gateway back to Glasgow city. Had a half pint of Guinness...I heard people in the olden days drank Guinness for nutritional purposes...because they were so poor...haha...so since I'm on a fast I thought that should do me good..hehe...well...just an excuse...
Erm, just wanted to write down some thoughts I had during the conference today. It went well today, thank God, I am really glad to have had the opportunity to attend, and to top it up it was free!
The first speaker today was excellent, he was one of those speakers that really knew what he was talking about, really passionate about health care and its reform...and whenever u encounter people who are really good in their jobs, they just inspire you, and I believe that is the purpose of God in each of our lives.
Sitting there listening to so many things, and getting inspired on many of the issues made me think that "wow, there are just so many things that I can do, or want to do, things that are good, but I only have one life, so little time, and therefore I believe God has given us all a special purpose, because we only have so much time, we are limited in that sense, and I want to make sure I do what I was made to do!"
That was the wonderful thought I wanna to write down before I forget about it. It was really informative the conference, and you get to listen and meet with people who are also passionate about things you are passionate about, it's a great feeling.
This will definitely contribute to my continuing professional development (CPD), that's the whole fad nowadays eh, but it's good, it's a positive thing. I think most of the time we just don't have time to do it, I mean for the normal working folk :)
I thank God, the trip to London had been a blessing, although quite rush, I mean would have enjoyed staying for a longer time, but have to rush back for work tomorrow! hehe....my duty to post letters...hahah...so yeah...glad to have met up with my cousin sister and her husband...who both have been very generous and kind to me...and my friend Roland and his lovely baby boy Evan...
Whenever we feel tired or anything...it is people who remind us that God is in control....God created people...and when we get encounter kindness etc...it makes our lives worthwhile...:)
Okay, almost time to board the bus...bye London...I hope it won't be too long until I visit this special city again...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment