Can't believe I haven't had any posts since Oct last year! I thought it wasn't that long, I was gravely mistaken.
I was just telling a friend that in our lives today the greatest enemy can often be a very subtle one - BUSYNESS. Once we fail to make time for God and get too busy doing our own thing, or even doing God's work, we will often find very soon that we have gone off course, because God is our source of life, He is the vine, without Him we can do nothing!
I just wanted to write down some thoughts that came to me as I was reading the bible today. It's not the first time, but countless times, when I feel myself uneasy, I wonder if it's just me, but I believe it's the spirit within us YEARNING for the true walk with God...yearning for more....that as a christian it is not only going to church on sundays...even prayer meetings or cell groups etc. It is more!
Was reading the part where Jesus washes the disciples feet not long before He was going to be crucified. He did it to set an example to us, that we should love one another and serve one another.
In the same chapter, John 13, after Judas left to betray Jesus, Jesus gave us a new command, to love one another the way He has loved us. It is a new command because the previous command was to love our neighbour as ourselves, but this new command is to love others AS Jesus loved us. It's a higher calling.
Oh that our lives will truly be worthy of God's calling. In the book of Acts, during the times of the apostles, they broke bread everyday, devoted themselves in prayer and the teachings of the apostles, they sold off possessions for each others' needs, "no one considered their possessions as their own!"...wow....and the apostles performed many miraculous signs...people brought the sick and those tormented by demons to them.....shouldn't we be doing that in our societies as well?
I pray truly that I will be bold and be obedient to whatever God has destined for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment