Truth be told, this blog is more for me than other people, I don't even know if there'll be people who will read this, but i'm being a optimist here :)
I suddenly realise that a blog doesn't really work like a diary as what i've first hoped...cuz it's like writing to an audience, rather than to myself. It hasn't worked well hehe...the first few lines of my first blog.
Anyways, I consider myself to be quite a thinker, having lots of stuff going through my head, so it's easier for me to jot them down on this blog, cuz i'm most likely close to my laptop than my diary. And it feels easier too, maybe it's a 22nd century thing (was going to put in 21st century at first, oh how time flies)...
Right, so i've also started my fast, a hope for it to be 40 days, and it's been a week now. It's a first for me, the last longest time was 3 weeks, and was unintentionally ended actually. It's not a contest I know, but just some background.
To some thoughts today, was focusing on Jesus' prayer before His death, the one He prayed to the Father, for His disciples, and for the world. It really surprised me to find that unity was a theme to be found closely linked to Jesus' prayers. Yesterday at life group, the verse John 13:35, "the world will know you are my disciples if you love one another" was brought up. And some of us were asking does it mean loving everyone, or to our christian brother and sisters. The first reaction was everyone, for some strange reason, maybe makes more sense, and seems more noble :) but today I felt that maybe it is the love for "one another", our brothers and sisters that might actually be the heart of God. Imagine if we loved our brothers and sisters as Jesus loved, will it not send out a very loud message to the world? I'm thinking like bearing each others' burdens, financially, and everything else...and when we have testimonies like "my family was in financial crisis but my brothers and sisters in christ helped me out", "my son/daughter has a disability, and my brothers and sisters helps out taking care of him/her". I think that will send a very loud message to the world that we are different, that we belong to Christ.
And I also had felt convicted about my love for Scotland, the land I've been in for the past 5 years or more. My church is holding an all night prayer meeting this friday, and I have been open to God and sort of preparing for it, and I felt God telling me today, again bringing me back to the subject of love, His subject :) that if I don't love the land and the people, as in 1 corinthians, everything will be in vain. I want to be a blessing wherever I go, like so many figures in the bible, because I think that is the His way.
I think I'm writing too much, but those were the two main things today. May God continue to lead me and guide me, that I will one day be truly truly convinced and imitate Paul to say "To live is Christ and to die is gain".
No comments:
Post a Comment